Windows compatibility note
These instructions are Unix-oriented, but translating them to the Windows equivalent only requires replacing / with \ for directory separators, and replacing $VARIABLE with %VARIABLE% for environment variables.
Obtaining the required software
To build the project from source, one will need to obtain the following software:
- Java SDK v1.4.2 or greater. (http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/)
- Apache Ant (http://ant.apache.org/)
- JUnit (http://www.junit.org/)
Setup the required software
Follow these steps to setup:
- Install the software in the order listed above.
- Ensure $ANT_HOME/bin is available in your $PATH.
- Copy junit.jar into $ANT_HOME/lib
Running ant for the first time
- cd <lastpod_dir>/bin
- ant -projecthelp
There are several ant tasks available include compile, test, run, and dist.
|compile||Compiles the main application and tests.|
|test||Performs the unittests using JUnit.|
|run||Runs the application directly.|
|dist||Creates a Jar file distrobution.|
Testing and Debugging
Individual tests can be run as follows ant test -Dtest=<test name>. Java's remote debugging is available for both test and run. For example, ant test -Ddebug=true